- Terry Town Dating Places Near Me
- Tarrytown Dating Places Near Me
- Dating Places In Singapore
- Tarrytown Dating Places In Pittsburgh
- Tarrytown Dating Places In Pennsylvania
- Terry Town Dating Places 2020
- Terry Town Dating Places New York City
Location of Terrytown in Louisiana
|Coordinates: 29°54′08″N90°01′46″W / 29.90222°N 90.02944°WCoordinates: 29°54′08″N90°01′46″W / 29.90222°N 90.02944°W|
|• Total||3.72 sq mi (9.6 km2)|
|• Land||3.67 sq mi (9.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|• Density||6,300/sq mi (2,400/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||539830|
Book now at Date Night restaurants near Tarrytown on OpenTable. Explore reviews, menus & photos and find the perfect spot for any occasion. Interracial dating in aliquippa pa. Tarrytown & Sleepy Hollow: A Hudson Valley Itinerary Tarrytown, New York. Located 25 miles (40 km) north of New York City on the eastern shore of the Hudson River, the hilly Village of Tarrytown can bring a great change of pace for a day or even longer.
Terrytown is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, United States. It is on the 'Westbank' (to the south) of the Mississippi River. It is a suburb within the New Orleans–Metairie–KennerMetropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 23,319 at the 2010 census.
Terrytown was opened to a media tour on March 5, 1960, showcasing the newest of concepts in home construction at the time, with the original homes having all plumbing in one wall. The community was opened to the public and considered founded on March 6, 1960, by subdivision developer Paul Kapelow, who named the town after his first daughter, Terry Kapelow. Terrytown includes Oakwood Center, a major shopping mall in the New Orleans metropolitan area.
Terrytown is located on the eastern edge of Jefferson Parish at 29°54′8″N90°1′46″W / 29.90222°N 90.02944°W (29.902356, -90.029475). It is bordered to the northeast by New Orleans in Orleans Parish, to the west by Gretna, to the south by Timberlane, and to the southeast by Belle Chasse in Plaquemines Parish. According to the United States Census Bureau, the Terrytown CDP has a total area of 3.72 square miles (9.64 km2), of which 3.68 square miles (9.52 km2) are land and 0.05 square miles (0.12 km2), or 1.24%, are water.
Louisiana Highway 23 (Belle Chasse Highway) forms the southwest border of Terrytown, and Highway 428 (Behrman Highway) runs through the eastern part of the community. The two main intersecting streets in Terrytown are Terry Parkway, running north and south, and Carol Sue Avenue (named for Paul Kapelow's second daughter, Carol Sue Kapelow), running east and west.
As of the census of 2010, there were 23,320 people, 8,121 households, and 6,458 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 6,347 people per square mile (2,646.5/km2). There were 9,401 housing units at an average density of 2,412 per square mile (1,004.9/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 34.90% White, 32.80% African American, 0.61% Native American, 10.34% Asian, 0.28% Pacific Islander, 5.82% from other races, and 2.98% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino people of any race were 28.97% of the population.
There were 9,344 households, out of which 38.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 47.2% were married couples living together, 20.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.3% were non-families. 22.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 5.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.72 and the average family size was 3.19.
In the CDP, the population was spread out, with 29.0% under the age of 18, 10.1% from 18 to 24, 32.2% from 25 to 44, 20.7% from 45 to 64, and 7.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females, there were 90.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 85.9 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $36,897, and the median income for a family was $41,963. Males had a median income of $31,421 versus $23,241 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $16,725. About 13.6% of families and 15.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 24.3% of those under age 18 and 6.5% of those age 65 or over.
Jefferson Parish Public Schools operates public schools.
Geraldine Boudreaux and Terrytown Elementary Schools in Terrytown serve most of Terrytown, while William Hart Elementary, in Gretna, serves a small portion. All residents are zoned to Livaudais Middle School in Terrytown and West Jefferson High School in Harvey. In regards to advanced studies academies, residents are zoned to the Gretna Academy.
Kate Middleton Elementary in Gretna previously served a portion of Terrytown; it closed in 2012.
Private schools include:
- Christ the King Catholic Elementary School (Closed 2020)
- Stepping Stones Montessori
- Terrytown Academy
- Elmwood Park Academy
Jefferson Parish Library operates the Terrytown Library. The library is across the street from the Terrytown Playground, shares a parking lot with the Terrytown Golden Age Center, and is near Terrytown Elementary. The library first opened on October 9, 1974. In December 2009 the library closed for renovations. Chris Roberts, a parish council member, provided riverboat gaming funds to help renovate the library. The renovated library reopened on September 8, 2010 with a new main entrance.
- Bryan Adams, former member of the Louisiana House of Representatives from District 85 in Jefferson Parish, 2012–2016
- Stephen J. Windhorst, state district judge and former member of the Louisiana House
- ^ ab'Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Terrytown CDP, Louisiana'. American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- ^'CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2000)'. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- ^'U.S. Census website'. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ ab'Terrytown CDP, Louisiana[permanent dead link].' U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on September 28, 2010.
- ^'2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP (INDEX): Terrytown CDP, LA' (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- ^'Elementary School Districts 2012-2013 West Bank of Jefferson Parish LouisianaArchived 2013-09-05 at the Wayback Machine' (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- ^'Middle School Districts 2012-2013 West Bank of Jefferson Parish LouisianaArchived 2013-09-05 at the Wayback Machine' (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- ^'High School Districts 2012-2013 West Bank of Jefferson Parish LouisianaArchived 2013-09-05 at the Wayback Machine' (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- ^'Westbank Advanced Studies Academies Attendance ZonesArchived 2013-09-05 at the Wayback Machine' (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- ^'Elementary School Districts 2009-2010 West Bank of Jefferson Parish Louisiana.' (Archive) Jefferson Parish Public School System. Retrieved on September 26, 2010.
- ^Waller, Mark. 'Group of schools shuts down as Jefferson Parish adjourns for the summer.' The Times-Picayune. May 25, 2012. Retrieved on April 4, 2013.
- ^ ab'Terrytown Library.' Jefferson Parish Library. Retrieved on September 28, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Terrytown, Louisiana.|
- Manav Tanneeru and Jennifer Pangyanszki, 'Rebuilding homes, rebuilding lives: Terrytown residents appraise the damage done' [after Katrina]. CNN.com, Sept. 7, 2005.
- Elementary schools: Geraldine Boudreaux and Terrytown
Fantastic craft cocktail bar. Quiet. Sophisticated. Great playlist.
Terry Town Dating Places Near Me
Opening Spring 2015, follow updates on Facebook! Read more.
Creative and tasty cocktails. Great ambiance. But most importantly really amazing staff. Jeff was a lifesaver with the fun drinks as well as making sure the environment was safe for everyone.
Awesome bar with great cocktails and lovely 20ies style interior.
Cigar Box is best cocktail I've ever had. Arguably best cocktails in the city. Bartenders from Whislers and drink room.
Super extensive cocktail list. Ample seating. Nice vibe in a large space
The pizza is excellent, and their selection of craft beers is impressive. They have a nice atmosphere, and good live music.
The beer is amazing, the food is amazing, and the brewers are beyond amazing. Try everything, stay forever. Best beer ever. 🍻
Hater comments are completely wrong. This place has some of the best beer crafted in Austin. The food is also made from the best people in their respective trades.
Want a great Austin experience? Live music, great outdoor area with tables for socializing, sand volleyball courts, and a good drink selection. A little far south but worth the trip!
Pull up a chair near a fire and have fun.
Cool vibes and awesome cocktails. I like the kale gingerita.
One of Austin's best party venues! This place is rockin' at SXSW! Thanks to my new Supper app: http://supper.mx/places/cheer-up-charlie's-austin/
Plenty of seating outside and even on the opposite side of the outdoor stage. The flooring looks amazing and everything is all polished nice.
Caprese salad, margherita pizza, everything was delicious. Housemade lemoncello, so good. Great patio, but if it’s a wait, sit at the bar.
Garlic knots and pepperoni mushroom pizza are always great choices
Incredible red velvet cupcakes! Everything was delicious.
They also have cookies, brownies and more but the real 'wow' is the Cupcake ATM!!! Amazing and delicious.
Double chocolate cupcake. Red velvet with no icing are my go to cupcakes here.
Such a fun place! I will definitely be back. They have darts!!!
Lots of tvs. Slow service. Out of a lot of beers on menu. Gotta ask to see what they really have.
Tarrytown Dating Places Near Me
We tried the forbidden rice with beef and a selection of vegetables, eggplant, spinach, and potatoes and a rhubarb lemonade to wash it down. Everything was incredibly flavorful!
Tried the Mother Earth bowl with added salmon + rose lemonade and it was delicious! This place is also good for breakfast, try the Late Riser!
Dating Places In Singapore
The Mac and cheese is so good!!!! As well as the avocado toast, of course. Love the atmosphere and the wait staff is super attentive
Nice little outside bar with dog friendly area for hanging out. 2 outdoor stages for music!
Comfortable outdoor bar with water coolers to stay hydrated
We rented Rustic Tap for out team happy hour. I love the ourdoor patio space with the fire pits and dogs are welcome!! Really great live music as well.
Tarrytown Dating Places In Pittsburgh
Brisket is outstanding. Also had Carnitas taco. Excellent BBQ. Worth the trip out.
This place is sooo good!! I love the brisket sandwich'!! The lemonade was very sweet. had to water it down.. this BBQ is one of the best. lunch and dinner it gets packed..
Cold beer, solid cocktails, great whiskey. Oh and coneys on site.
Buffalo bar! Aperol Spritz on tap for happy hour was good. Bartender attentive and helpful with other bar recommendations.
Great spot on Rainey. Spacious, laid back, good music, friendly bartenders. Overall, I’d call it comfortable.
Tarrytown Dating Places In Pennsylvania
Play a round of ping pong outside! They have a really good table.
Best dessert spot ever! Never had churros like this before. Everything is made from scratch, starting from the dough to all of the heaps of topping options. Don’t forget to add ice cream!
Terry Town Dating Places 2020
The churros have the perfect, crisp texture. Try the campfire churros!!!
Terry Town Dating Places New York City
Fantastic bartenders, delicious cocktails and awesome djs at the weekends, all in all a brilliant bar.
With its vintage funeral-parlor-meets-antique-taxidermy-museum vibe, the Volstead appears to pride itself on dirty cool. Sister bar Hotel Vegas next door has live music.