- Looking for something to do in Miami Lakes? Whether you're a local, new in town or just cruising through we've got loads of great tips and events. You can explore by location, what's popular, our top picks, free stuff.
- Our speed dating events are sophisticated, fun & relaxed and are held several times a week at upscale venues in Miami. View our event schedule here.
- Speed Dating & Matchmaking in Miami South Florida Speed Dating Singles Events In the West Bank, large crowds also gathered in Jerusalem and in Bethlehem, where Palestinian officials called for the cancellation of the next scheduled Israeli elections.
Lesbian Speed Dating @ South Pointe Tavern - August 1st 2019. Ages: 22-44 8PM. 40 South Pointe Drive, #109 Miami Beach, Fl 33139. Discover more events in Miami.
In an effort to help you find what you need from our website as quickly as possible, we have created this section answering the most common questions we receive from our residents.
Where can I find zoning district information for a property?
Miami Lakes Speed Dating Events 2019
Where can I find the Zoning Map?
Do I need a Certificate of Use (CU)? How can I get one?
Where can I find the legal description or folio number for a property?
Is my property located within a floodplain?
When, where and how often does the Planning and Zoning Board meet?
Where can I find information regarding building setbacks and other development requirements?
What types of uses are allowed in my zoning district?
How can I obtain a Zoning Verification Letter?
What are the requirements for expanding my driveway?Section 13-1508 of the Land Development Code addresses driveways for single-family and two-family residences. Basically, the driveway requirements for a single-family or two-family residence are:
- The maximum driveway approach width is 20 feet.
- Paved driveway areas (excluding approaches) for any garage, including three-car garages, are limited to a maximum of 30 feet.
- Driveways and parking spaces in the front and side yards must be set back five feet from an interior side property line. For zero-lot line homes, this setback is zero feet from the zero lot line side and four feet from the opposite side. For all corner lots, driveways and parking spaces located in the front and side yards must meet the street side setback requirement for main structure, except to cross the setback as needed to access a garage from the street. Driveways are otherwise not permitted in the side yard.
- On corner properties when a driveway is located perpendicular to a side facing the street, the driveway or parking space must be set back 20 feet from both the front and rear property lines.
- Driveways and parking spaces parallel to a front property line or side property line facing a street must be set back at least five feet from the front property line or street-facing side property line.
- Driveways may be affected by the impervious coverage requirements (see question below).
What are the zoning requirements for accessory structures (swimming pools, sheds, etc.) on my property?
What is a variance and how do I apply for one?
Miami Lakes Speed Dating Events CalendarGenerally, a variance is a relaxation of the terms of the Land Development Code, for regulations such as setbacks, lot width, street frontage, lot coverage, landscape or open space requirements, height limits, fences and walls, signs, off-street parking, flood regulations, etc.
In limited cases, an administrative variance may be granted by staff, generally for setbacks and fence/wall heights, for no more than 12 inches aggregate. All other variances must be granted at a public hearing.
How Do I apply for a Special Event Permit?
How can I apply for a garage sale permit?
Can I store my boat on my property?Section 13-1606 of the Code addresses the storage of boats and watercraft for properties in the Town of Miami Lakes as follows:
- In residential zoning districts, boats may only be stored in a garage with the garage door fully closed. Certain boats that were stored in yards before the incorporation of the Town may continue to be stored, so long as they were registered with the Town by April 18, 2005. Contact Planning and Zoning for more information.
- Temporary parking (less than 24 hours) of boats in front of home is permitted for routine cleaning, loading or unloading while the boat is hitched to an operable motor vehicle with a permanent valid license tag. Under no circumstances shall a boat be parked in the public right-of-way, including on swales or sidewalks.
- Owners of lakefront and canal-front properties may keep no more than two functional watercrafts, appropriate for that lake or canal, on the shoreline in the rear yard. No maintenance or repair of watercraft is permitted outside of a garage.