Location of Bryant in Saline County, Arkansas.
|Coordinates: 34°36′49″N92°29′29″W / 34.61361°N 92.49139°WCoordinates: 34°36′49″N92°29′29″W / 34.61361°N 92.49139°W|
|• Total||20.58 sq mi (53.31 km2)|
|• Land||20.49 sq mi (53.08 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.23 km2)|
|Elevation||413 ft (126 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||1,023.13/sq mi (395.03/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0057459|
Bryant is a city in Saline County, Arkansas, United States and a suburb of Little Rock. According to the 2010 Census, the population of the city was 16,688. It is part of the Central Arkansas region.
Find 674 listings related to City Offices in Bryant on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for City Offices locations in Bryant, AR. This Code constitutes a republication of the general and permanent ordinances of the City of Bryant, Arkansas. Source materials used in the preparation of the Code were the original Code, as supplemented through November, 2012, and ordinances subsequently adopted by the City. Bryant City Hall, Bryant, AR. 3,199 likes 175 talking about this 286 were here. 3rd Street Bryant, AR 72022 (501) 943-0999 www.cityofbryant.com.
City of Bryant 210 SW 3rd St. Bryant, AR 72022 Phone: 501-943-0999; Contact. City Restaurant Map; City of Bryant Job Postings - Apply Online; Bryant GIS Map. Get directions, reviews and information for City of Bryant in Bryant, AR. City of Bryant 2222 Justus Loop Bryant AR 72022. Reviews (501) 847-3303. Menu & Reservations.
Best dating websites glenmont md. European settlers established themselves along Hurricane Creek in the early 19th century. A skirmish in the area occurred during the American Civil War. Rail service in the 1870s brought development. The town was hard hit by economic struggles in the early 20th century and through the Great Depression. World War II era saw development as demand for the area's bauxite grew.
Bryant is located at 34°36′49″N92°29′29″W / 34.61361°N 92.49139°W (34.613518, -92.491464).
Matchmaking City Bryant Ar
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 9.1 square miles (24 km2), of which 9.1 square miles (24 km2) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (0.33%) is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 9,764 people, 3,601 households, and 2,823 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,076.4 people per square mile (415.6/km2). There were 3,762 housing units at an average density of 414.7 per square mile (160.1/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 95.2% White, 1.5% Black or African American, 0.34% Native American, 1.05% Asian, 0.37% from other races, and 0.84% from two or more races. 1.05% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 3,601 households, out of which 42.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.9% were married couples living together, 11.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.6% were non-families. 19.1% of all households were made up of individuals, and 7.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.65 and the average family size was 3.03.
In the city, the population was spread out, with 27.9% under the age of 18, 7.1% from 18 to 24, 32.7% from 25 to 44, 21.8% from 45 to 64, and 10.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females, there were 89.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 86.5 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $48,870, and the median income for a family was $56,038. Males had a median income of $39,380 versus $26,261 for females. The per capita income for the city was $20,730. About 3.5% of families and 4.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.1% of those under age 18 and 8.0% of those age 65 or over.
Bryant purchases treated surface water from Lake Maumelle and Lake Winona from Central Arkansas Water.
Government and infrastructure
The Arkansas Department of Human Services Arkansas Juvenile Assessment & Treatment Center (AJATC) is located in Bryant.
The U.S. Postal Service operates the Bryant Post Office.
Public education for elementary and secondary school students may attend Bryant School District with students graduating from Bryant High School.
In the early 1970s, political aide Carol Rasco set up the public school system's psychological counseling services while she worked in the district.
- Karen Aston - women's basketball head coach, University of Texas
- Travis Wood - Major League Baseball pitcher
- Sean Michel - Musician
- Natalie White - winner of reality TV show Survivor: Samoa
- ^'2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files'. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved June 30, 2020.
- ^ ab'Population and Housing Unit Estimates'. United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- ^'Annual Estimates of the Population for All Incorporated Places in Arkansas'. 2005 Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division. June 21, 2006. Archived from the original(CSV) on 2006-10-15. Retrieved November 16, 2006.
- ^ ab'Encyclopedia of Arkansas'. Encyclopedia of Arkansas.
- ^Company, Goodspeed Publishing (16 April 1889). Biographical and Historical Memoirs: Pulaski, Jefferson, Lonoke, Faulkner, Grant, Saline, Perry, Garland, and Hot Spring Counties, Arkansas. Southern Historical Press. ISBN9780893080792 – via Google Books.
- ^'US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990'. United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^'Census of Population and Housing'. Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- ^'U.S. Census website'. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^'Community-based program directory.' Arkansas Department of Human Services. Retrieved on August 30, 2010. 'Arkansas Juvenile Assessment and Treatment Center 1501 Woody Drive Alexander, AR 72002'
- ^'Bryant city, Arkansas[permanent dead link].' U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on August 30, 2010.
- ^'Post Office™ Location - BRYANTArchived March 5, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.' U.S. Postal Service. Retrieved on March 1, 2011.
- ^Radcliffe, Donnie (1993-08-24). 'CLINTON'S WINDOW ON THE HOME FRONT'. Washington Post. ISSN0190-8286. Retrieved 2018-07-28.
Matchmaking City Bryant Ar Obituaries
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bryant, Arkansas.|