It's Just Lunch is Just an Expensive Headache: Expensive dating service that is worse than tinder or bumble or any of the dating apps you've tried I am very disappointed and saddened by this service. This company misleads and aims to prey on a vulnerable love seeking portion of the population.
It’s Just Lunch It’s Just Lunch, a leading online dating service in US, UK, Canada, Australia and Singapore, provides professional and personalized matchmaking service to well-educated adults all over the world. Either call us at 1.800.489.7897 or click here to have an It’s Just Lunch dating specialist call you. We look forward to talking with you and determining if It’s Just Lunch is a good fit for you. How will I be matched?
- United States
- ArkansasLittle Rock
- DelawareWilmington, DE
- FloridaBoca Raton
- IowaDes Moines
- LouisianaBaton Rouge
- MichiganAnn Arbor
- MissouriKansas City
- NevadaLas Vegas
- New HampshireManchester
- New JerseyFt. Lee
- New Mexico Albuquerque
- New York Albany
- North Carolina Charlotte
- OklahomaOklahoma City
- OregonPortland, OR
- Rhode IslandProvidence
- South CarolinaAnderson
- UtahSalt Lake City
- VirginiaAlexandria, VA
- Washington DCWashington D.C.
- WisconsinGreen Bay/Appleton
- British ColumbiaThe Okanagan
- United Kingdom
- New South WalesSydney
- IrelandDublin, Cork, Galway, & Belfast
September 2019: A federal judge granted preliminary approval of the settlement agreement that would provide class members with a cash award or voucher for a free date. In addition, class members from New York who spent more than $1,000 will receive a $200 payment. The company also agreed to honor client preferences when matching members. A final fairness hearing is scheduled for December 10, 2019. For more information, go to http://www.ijlclassaction.com/.
April 2016: Plaintiffs in a false advertising class-action lawsuit filed against the dating service It’s Just Lunch in 2007 moved for final approval of a settlement agreement.
Black dating worthington mn homes for sale. The complaint, which was amended in 2013, alleges that It’s Just Lunch deceptively represents that:
- Matches are hand-selected based on someone’s desires, goals, and motivations when such claims are false;
- Staff members have years of experience and are experts in matchmaking when, in reality, the company routinely hires staff members who have no experience, training, or background in matchmaking;
- The staff have thousands of available members in the client’s city when, in reality, there are only hundreds or even fewer members available in that city;
- There are an equal percentage of men and women in its system when, in reality, the number of women is “grossly disproportionate” to the number of men in the system;
- The company is “selective” over who it allows to become members when, in reality, the company accepts anyone willing to pay its fees; and
- The company “carefully matches its clients with other members” when, in reality, matches are made “at random.”
Id City Just Lunch Dating Service
According to the settlement terms, a $4.75 million fund will be created to cover costs and awards. Each member of the New York class will receive an award of $100, while each member of the National class may receive vouchers for one or two free dates arranged by It’s Just Lunch (each voucher is valued at $450). In addition, the company agreed to add a customer pledge to its website and modify contracts to include a commitment to honor clients’ preferences for matches for the three most complained about characteristics (age, religion, and parental status). (Rodriguez et al v. It’s Just Lunch International et al, Case No. 07-cv-9227, S.D.N.Y.)
For more information about the marketing of dating services, click here.