Union City's best FREE dating site! 100% Free Online Dating for Union City Singles at Mingle2.com. Our free personal ads are full of single women and men in Union City looking for serious relationships, a little online flirtation, or new friends to go out with. Ear Nose And Throat Doctor in Union City on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Physicians & Surgeons, Otorhinolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) in Union City, TN. Find Single Men in Union City, TN The Volunteer State, Big Bend State, Hog and Hominy State, The Mother of Southwestern Statesmen of Tennessee. Whether you're looking for Christian singles, Black singles, Asian singles, Jewish singles or local singles, go to the dating site that is responsible for hundreds of thousands of happy couples.
Uni dating in rubidoux ca jobs. The Uni-Dating App The Uni-Dating app provides a platform for students in University to meet new people. Whether that be from their University or Universities close-by, Uni-Dating makes this possible. While swiping through students you can see their University, Course and Year of Study. Single Student Men in Rubidoux, CA. The Golden State of California is place to find online singles from Match.com. We prove that an online dating personals site can really lead to a long-lasting sincere relationship. The Golden State of California is place to find online singles from Match.com. Match.com is how people know you're located in California and ready to meet the right one. Match.com has been the leading online dating site for over 10 years. Let's get it started! Create your free, Rubidoux personals ad to begin attracting your personal faves today. Seniors Dating in Rubidoux, CA The Golden State of California is place to find online singles from Match.com. Start meeting people, winking, emailing, enjoying mutual matches, connections and more! With millions of singles and all the tips and tools you need to find your match, Match.com is just the Rubidoux matchmaker you've been searching for. Single Gay Men in Rubidoux, CA. The Golden State of California is place to find online singles from Match.com. We have several examples of Match.com successes in California. Start meeting people, winking, emailing, enjoying mutual matches, connections and more!
- Obion County Tn
- Union City Tn Directions
- Dating In Union City Tn Christmas Lights
- Union City Tn Google Maps
Location of Union City in Obion County, Tennessee.
|Coordinates: 36°25′28″N89°3′3″W / 36.42444°N 89.05083°WCoordinates: 36°25′28″N89°3′3″W / 36.42444°N 89.05083°W|
|Named for||Local railroad junction|
|• Total||12.07 sq mi (31.27 km2)|
|• Land||12.07 sq mi (31.25 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.02 km2)|
|Elevation||335 ft (102 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||855.71/sq mi (330.39/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1273213|
Union City is a city located in Obion County, Tennessee, United States. The 2010 census reported the population of the town as 10,895. Union City is the principal city of the surrounding micropolitan area, which includes Obion County and Fulton County, Kentucky. Union City is home to Discovery Park of America, a world-renowned encyclopedic museum with many exhibits pertaining to local history, as well as state, national, and world history, science, technology, and art.
The city name was derived from its location at the junction of two railroads, with one running roughly east–west and the other roughly north–south.
Union City is located at 36°25′28″N89°3′3″W / 36.42444°N 89.05083°W (36.424395, −89.050850). According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 10.7 square miles (28 km2), all land. The mayor, appointed by his fellow city councilors since 1988, is Terry Hailey.
Obion County Tn
As of the census of 2000, the population density was 1,020.1 people per square mile (393.9/km2). There were 5,013 housing units at an average density of 470.2 per square mile (181.6/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 75.44% White, 21.29% African American, 0.22% Native American, 0.29% Asian, 0.13% Pacific Islander, 1.59% from other races, and 1.04% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.41% of the population.
There were 4,568 households, out of which 29.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.6% were married couples living together, 15.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.4% were non-families. 32.7% of all households were made up of individuals, and 15.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.30 and the average family size was 2.89.
In the city, the population was spread out, with 23.6% under the age of 18, 9.6% from 18 to 24, 26.8% from 25 to 44, 22.6% from 45 to 64, and 17.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every hundred females there were 87.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 81.4 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $29,399, and the median income for a family was $40,737. Males had a median income of $35,801 versus $19,694 for females. The per capita income for the city was $18,787. About 12.5% of families and 16.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 26.4% of those under age 18 and 14.6% of those age 65 or over.
Union City Tn Directions
Dating In Union City Tn Christmas Lights
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company operated a plant in the city from 1969 to 2011. On February 10, 2011, Goodyear announced that the Union City plant would shut down by the end of the year. On June 11, 2011, production ceased at the plant.
Darling International operates a rendering plant.
Union City Tn Google Maps
Union City is home to Discovery Park of America, a 50-acre museum and heritage park with exhibits pertaining to local and national history, nature, military history, art and science. Discovery Park was founded by local businessman Robert Kirkland in order to give back to his home community.
Union City was home to a Minor League Baseball team known as the Union City Greyhounds from 1935 to 1942 and 1946 to 1952 and as the Union City Dodgers from 1953 to 1955. They played in the Kentucky–Illinois–Tennessee League and won three league championships (1936, 1948, and 1954). Over their 19-year run, the team had affiliations with the St. Louis Cardinals, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, and Brooklyn Dodgers.
Union City is served by the newspaper The Messenger (Union City Daily Messenger),.
- Masquerade Theatre - located in the former Capital Theater on South First Street. The theatre is a historic landmark and has been standing since the early 1900s.
- Russell Dickerson - country music singer
- Steve Finley - MLB outfielder, World Series champion with Arizona Diamondbacks
- Bruce Fleisher (born 1948) – professional PGA golfer
- Discovery Park of America in Union City, TN.Milton H. Hamilton Jr. - served in the Tennessee General Assembly; was majority leader of the Tennessee State Senate
- Andrieus A. Jones - US Senator of New Mexico 1917–27, born in Union City
- Jovante_Moffatt NFL Player (Cleveland Browns)
- Jon Robinson - General Manager, Tennessee Titans
- John S. Tanner – US Congressman, born in Halls, but grew up in Union City
- Derrick Turnbow – MLB pitcher
- Koko B. Ware – professional wrestler
- Zach Underwood - professional fighter
- ^ abJudi McIntyre, Historical and Architectural Resources of Union City, Obion County, Tennessee, National Register of Historic Places Registration Form, October 1998, Sec. E, pg. 1. Retrieved: 26 February 2013.
- ^Tennessee Blue Book, 2005-2006, pp. 618-625.
- ^'2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files'. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved July 30, 2020.
- ^ ab'Population and Housing Unit Estimates'. United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- ^ ab'U.S. Census website'. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^'US Board on Geographic Names'. United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^'Find a County'. National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ^'US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990'. United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^'Mayor & City Council'. Union City. Retrieved 19 June 2020.
- ^'Census of Population and Housing: Decennial Censuses'. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-03-04.
- ^'Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions Datasets: Subcounty Resident Population Estimates: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012'. Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 11 June 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- ^State Gazette, Goodyear Union City Plant Closes Its Doors, Retrieved July 12, 2011
- ^NWTN Today, Darling Purchases Griffin Industries. Retrieved 17-July-2011.
- ^'Discovery Park of America'. Discovery Park of America. Retrieved 2019-09-28.
- ^ abc'Sports in Union City, Tennessee'. Baseball-Reference. Sports Reference. Retrieved June 5, 2020.
- ^Union City Daily Messenger, Mondotimes.com, Retrieved, October 6, 2010
- ^'History'. Retrieved 2019-09-28.
- History of Obion County, assembled and edited by E.H. Marshall, 1941
- Union City, official website